For John Wesley, the founder of Methodism, physical health was as important as spiritual health. In his 1747 work, "Primitive Physick, or an Easy and Natural Method of Curing Most Diseases", Wesley sought to bring practical medical advice to the people of his time. Still Waters church continues this important tradition as it ministers to the whole person - mind, body and spirit - through the intentional integration of health ministry with the beliefs of a religious community.
Serving & Storage Ideas:
- Remove any brown or scaly spots, trim ends and wash thoroughly.
- When cooking, do not use aluminum, iron or copper pans.
- Before storing, remove leaves from the stalks.
- Stalks can be kept in refrigerator, unwashed & wrapped tightly for up to 3 weeks.
- Rhubarb can be used to make jellies, jams, cakes, muffins.
- Can be combined with other fruits to make sauces and beverages.
- Blood Pressure Screening - First weekend every month in Pastor Renae's office, before, between and after worship services.
Meeting Room: Pier 45 (4-5th grade classroom)
Anyone who is interested in Health Ministry is welcome to attend this meeting!