A random act of kindness is a selfless act performed by kind people to either help or cheer up a random stranger, for no reason other than to make people happier. They can either be spontaneous or planned in advance. Every small interaction with someone is an opportunity to have a positive impact on both of your lives!
- Pay it Backward: buy coffee for the person behind you in line.
- Compliment the first three people you talk to today.
- Send a positive text message to five different people right now.
- Post inspirational sticky notes around your neighborhood, office, school, etc.
- Tell someone they dropped a dollar (even though they didn’t). Then give them a dollar.
- Donate old towels or blankets to an animal shelter.
- Say hi to the person next to you on the elevator.
- Surprise a neighbor with freshly baked cookies or treats!
- Let someone go in front of you in line who only has a few items.
- Leave a gas gift card at a gas pump.
- Throw a party to celebrate someone just for being who they are, which is awesome.
- Have a LinkedIn account? Write a recommendation for coworker or connection.
- Leave quarters at the laundromat.
- Encounter someone in customer service who is especially kind? Take an extra five minutes to tell their manager.
- Leave unused coupons next to corresponding products in the grocery store.
- Leave a note on someone’s car telling them how awesome they parked.
- Try to make sure every person in a group conversation feels included.
- Write a kind message on your mirror with a dry erase marker for yourself, your significant other or a family member.
- Place a positive body image notes in jean pockets at a department store.
- Smile at five strangers.
- Walk or drive around your area.
- Take notice of what you see.
- Ask God to give you His eyes to see your community the way He does.
- Look for areas of need - materially, emotionally, spiritually.
- Pray for businesses, schools (teachers, students, administration), government leaders, neighborhoods, people you see, people your don't see.
- Pray for blessings on each home - health, work, emotions, social life and spiritual life.
- Pray for harmony and unity.
- Pray that God might use you to find the lost, release the captive and develop disciples.
BE STILL AND LISTEN
- Hear what God is saying to you.
- Is there a way for you individually or us as a church to begin to build relationships with those you are praying for?